Happy Holidays!! In observance of Christmas and New Year’s, our agency will be closed December 22nd, 25th, 29th and January 1st. Office Coverage will be limited between Christmas and New Years.


Medical Assistance Transportation Program (MATP)


If you or anyone in your family is a Medical Assistance recipient, you may be able to get help with transportation you need to get to and from medical providers. The Medical Assistance Transportation Program (MATP) provides rides to medical care at no cost to you. You may also receive mileage reimbursement if you use your own car or find someone willing to give you a ride.

Eligibility Requirements:

  1. Have a current active ACCESS (Medical Assistance/Medicaid) card.
  2. Be a Fulton County Resident.
  3. Need Transportation to get to a covered medical service from a provider who accepts the MA card.

How much does it cost?


Where can you go with MATP?

You can use MATP services to get to any health care service that is covered by Medical Assistance (PA AC-CESS card). That includes appointments with your doctor, dentist, psychologist or psychiatrist, drug and alcohol treatment clinics, or any other MA provider. You can also use MATP to go to the pharmacy for prescriptions, to the hospital for tests, or to get to medical equipment suppliers.  For pharmacy visits, medical supply needs you can get a ride to the closest pharmacy or medical supply provider.

How is transportation provided?

Transportation Services: The MATP provides rides in the least costly way to meet your needs. You will usually be riding with other passengers. Depending on where you need to go, MATP can arrange a ride for you using vans, taxis, or accessible vehicles for persons with disabilities.

Mileage Reimbursement

If you choose to provide your own transportation or if someone is willing to give you a ride, MATP will provide reimbursement for these trips. The Fulton County MATP provides mileage reimbursement at the rate of $0.12 per mile and also reimburses you for any parking and turnpike toll costs involved in your trip. The eligibility requirements also apply to the mileage reimbursement program.

How to register for MATP services

If you are in need of MATP services call your county MATP to “register”. In Fulton County, you call 1-888-329-2376 (toll free #). You will be asked for your ACCESS card number to make sure you are eligible for MATP services, and you will be asked a few questions about your need for transportation. Make sure you tell the MATP about any special needs you may have like: if you use a wheelchair or walker; if you have any problem that keeps you from riding in a bus or van with other people; or if you need to have someone go with you to your appointments. When you get a ride through MATP, you are expected to get to the curb to be picked up. If you have any disabilities or limitations that keep you from getting to the curb, tell that to the MATP who is required to provide you with door-to-door service if you medically need it. If you are registering a child who is under 18, a parent or guardian can accompany the child to their appointments at no cost to you.


You can obtain transportation services while you are completing the registration process. However, the county MATP must receive a signed registration form from you within 30 days of when your services begin.
Once you are registered, you will be sent more written information about how to use MATP services. Your registration is good as long as you continue to receive Medical Assistance.

For more information about the MATP in Fulton County call the Fulton County Family Partnership, Inc. at 717-485-6767 or toll free at 1-888-329-2376.