The ETAP program is available to assist individuals with their transportation to and from work. Because Fulton County is a rural area and little public transit is available, the program focuses on assisting individuals to obtain and repair their own vehicles.
The Employment Transportation Assistance Program (ETAP) - also referred to as welfare to work transportation - can provide transportation assistance to work for individuals who meet the following criteria:
- Fulton County Resident.
- Has a dependent child (under 18) in the household.
- Must currently be working or have a job with a start date.
- Family income cannot exceed 200% of Federal Poverty Income Guidelines.
Please call our office to schedule a time to enroll in the program. Individuals interested in the enrolling for services will be required to provide proof of employment and verification of income.
- Transportation to and from Work: FCFP will transport a client to and from work. This service is available 24/7, and arrangements may be made during business hours of Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Individual's place of work must be more than one mile from place of residence. Transportation is limited to 35 miles from McConnellsburg. Because of the high cost of this mode of transportation, this service is limited initially to 20 days of service. The first month (20 days) will require a $2.00 co-pay per round trip ($10.00 per week). The second month (days 21-40) will require a $3.00 co-pay per round trip ($15.00 per week). Months 3 through 6 (days 41+) will require a $5.00 co-pay per round trip ($25.00 payable in advance). Service may be extended beyond the 20 days in certain circumstances. Service availability beyond 20 days will be evaluated based on job attendance and trip no-show/cancelation rate.
- Mileage Reimbursement to and from Work: Mileage Reimbursement is available for clients, co-workers, friends, and family to transport an individual to and from employment. ETAP will reimburse a client or a driver who transports a client to and from employment at a rate of $0.20 per mile, and decrease the rate by $0.01 per month. The client will be responsible to report the mileage using the prescribed form, adhering to the polices set in place by the Fulton County Family Partnership. Mileage reimbursement is a maximum of $300.00 per month.
- Vehicle Assistance: These services may be arranged during normal business hours: Vehicle Repair—ETAP can assist with vehicle repair expenses exceeding $100.00 that are not considered routine maintenance. ETAP can pay up to 75% of the cost of a vehicle repair. Repair estimates are required. Repair costs can only be paid directly to the repair service. Any repairs over $500.00 must be submitted to the state for approval. Transportation services are available while vehicle is being repaired. Vehicle Purchase—ETAP can assist with the purchase of a vehicle. In order to qualify, the individual must be employed with the same organization for a minimum of 20 days, and can provide documentation of zero absenteeism for a period of at least 20 days. The client must provide a portion of the payment toward the vehicle. Financing is acceptable, however high financing rates (20% or more) will not be approved. Only one vehicle purchase per family per lifetime is available through this program.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This program is subject to state funding availability. Any or all portions of this program may change or discontinue at any point in time.
Fulton County Family Partnership
Employment Transportation Assistance Program
PO Box 464, 22438 Great Cove Road
ETAP PROGRAM BENEFITS